A big crowd is expected for the The Advocate & Democrat Gridiron Clash on Aug. 15 at Sweetwater High School in Sweetwater, Tennesssee.
Sweetwater High School officials are asking crowds to arrive early, well before the kickoff at 6 p.m. The Advocate & Democrat Gridiron Clash will serve as the annual football jamboree for area junior youth league teams and area high schools and is expected to draw thousands of football fans supporting numerous in-county and out-of-county teams.
“We are excited for the opportunity to host the jamboree,” said Mike Martin, athletic director for Sweetwater High School.
Martin said SHS welcomes all the fans for all teams. SHS has a parking plan in place, but Martin still urges fans to come early to the game and be patient and officials accommodate all the excited gridiron fans. Tickets are on sale now for $5 from your school with all of that money going to your favorite school. Tickets are $7 at the gate with the money split between the teams.
The order of play schedule
- First quarter (6 p.m.): Meigs County vs Athens
- Second quarter (6:25 p.m.) Madisonville vs Englewood
- Third quarter (6:50 p.m.) Riceville vs McMinn Central
- Fourth quarter (7:15 p.m.) Tellico vs Vonore
- Fifth quarter (7:40 p.m.) Polk County vs Sweetwater
- Punt, Pass, & Kick Competition-7:50 p.m.
- First quarter (8:10 p.m.): Meigs County vs. Polk County
- Second quarter (8:35 p.m.):Tellico Plains vs. McMinn Central
- Third quarter (9 p.m.): Sequoyah vs Sweetwater.